We support Canadian veterans and those still actively serving.
If you’re a veteran, you may be eligible for financial support for your medical cannabis through Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC).
VAC provides reimbursements via Blue Cross to veterans across Canada towards both dried cannabis and its equivalent in other cannabis forms, up to 3 grams per day (or 90 grams per 30-day period) and up to $8.50 per gram.
• Citizen Green will pay the cost difference above the maximum VAC reimbursement rate of $8.50 per gram
• We will direct bill VAC on products eligible for reimbursement to minimize any out-of-pocket expenses.
• Every 3-year period, veterans are eligible for up to $300 of VAC coverage towards the purchase of a vaporizer. We offer assistance with vaporizer selection and the reimbursement process.
How do I apply for VAC medical cannabis coverage?
We’re here to help. If you need assistance with the application process, please contact our veterans’ support team by email at email@example.com and a member from our Veteran Concierge team will contact you back.
When you fill out the registration form you will need to provide:
• Your K number (found on your VAC Health Care Identification Card) –
• Your medical document containing your diagnosis or a letter from your healthcare practitioner confirming your medical condition(s).
Please note that following the submission of all of the above information, processing for VAC coverage can take between 4 to 6 weeks.
If you would like to apply for coverage on orders you placed prior to receiving approval from VAC, you will need to submit your receipts for reimbursement to the following address:
National Reimbursement Centre
PO Box 6700
Moncton, NB E1C 0T8
Remember, you will need to renew your coverage each time your healthcare practitioner submits a new medical document.